Curta Build Manual Release
I uploaded an initial build manual for the 3D printed Curta Calculator! Feedback is desired: https://t.co/0CDLtESEMn— Marcus Wu (@marcuswu) May 3, 2017
I've updated my Curta Calculator thingiverse thing to include a build manual as well as paint masks and a few updates to existing models. Here is a synopsis on the changes:
- Updated a few files that were requiring too much manual fitting work.
- The zero positioning disk is updated for easier printing / better teeth for the anti-reversal pawl.
- Added missing crank pin file.
- Adding dxf files representing paint masks for numbering and lettering. I cut these from vinyl with a Cricut machine.
- Updating the BOM because the torsion springs for anti-reversal pawl and zero positioning lever recommended in the BOM were way too strong. I ended up making these springs by hand. The BOM is now available as PDF and XLS files.
- Adding the initial draft of the build manual. This covers the entire build process -- including making the springs mentioned above. Feedback on this build manual is desired and welcome -- help me improve it for others please.
I am looking forward to finishing up the painting on the Curta, making a project completion post, a video build manual, and finally removing the Work In Progress tag from the project on thingiverse.
Golf clap. Well done.ReplyDelete